Adrien Giraud is a partner in Latham & Watkins' Brussels and Paris offices and a member of the firm’s Global Antitrust & Competition Practice. He specializes in French and European competition law and has significant experience in merger control, behavioral antitrust matters (including damages claims), and state aid.
Mr. Giraud has represented French and international clients in complex EU and French merger cases and in some of the most significant antitrust investigations of recent years. His experience also encompasses civil antitrust damages litigation, an area in which he has represented clients in proceedings before the French courts. Furthermore, Mr. Giraud advises companies and public authorities on state aid compliance, and assists them with European Commission state aid investigations and related litigation before the European courts.
Mr. Giraud has particular experience advising clients active in the telecommunications, shipping energy, media, retail, and financial services sectors.
Mr. Giraud is also a member of the board of directors and general secretary of the Association des avocats pratiquant le droit de la concurrence.
- Adrien Giraud is recognized as a “National Leader” by Who’s Who Legal France Competition 2021
- Clients comment that Adrien Giraud is “efficient, constructive and pragmatic.” Chambers Europe 2021
- Named in various publications legal directories, including The Legal 500 EMEA 2020, Chambers Global 2019, and Best Lawyers for France Competition/Antitrust (2014-2018)
- Singled out in the Future Leaders analysis of Who’s Who Legal Competition 2018 and listed among the six “most highly regarded” partners in Europe
- “He is outstanding and has huge experience in the competition law space.”
“He is a very pragmatic lawyer who always delivers business-oriented advice.”
Who’s Who Legal Competition – Future Leaders 2018-2019
- “He provides tailor-made and practical advice and demonstrates a strong expertise in competition law proceedings.”
Chambers Global 2018