Latham’s in-depth knowledge of the power industry comes from decades of advising the sector’s leading developers, sponsors, financing entities, governments and export credit agencies. The firm’s in-depth knowledge of the sector allows it to give pragmatic advice to clients that are in all stages of their business cycle.
Serving All Aspects of the International Power Sector
Latham’s lawyers harness the firm’s expertise in finance, M&A and restructuring, energy regulation, environmental compliance, litigation and tax to provide comprehensive legal counsel to power industry leaders. Global companies benefit from the firm’s ability to quickly assemble collaborative multi-office and multidisciplinary teams that know the intricate workings of the power industry and government regulation.
Clients of the Power Practice include:
- Commercial energy consumers
- Electric generating, transmission and distribution utilities
- Export credit agencies
- Financial institutions
- Government institutions
- Independent power producers
- Power traders
- Private equity and venture capital investors
- Renewable energy companies
Latham has been involved in major transactions and controversy proceedings related to:
- Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
- New power-related technologies
- Electric generation
- Power marketing and trading
- Power transmission and distribution
- Wholesale or retail power sales and purchases
The firm’s industry experience extends from fossil fired power generation (coal, gas, oil), renewable power generation (wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, biomass), nuclear power generation and other electric power technologies (coal gasification, carbon capture technologies, compressed air energy storage).