Helping Craft Solutions
Companies turn to Latham for legal and strategic advice on workforce and compensation matters. The Benefits, Compensation and Employment (BCE) team provides tax, litigation, and day-to-day counsel to companies and Boards of Directors on benefits, pension, compensation, and employment law issues. The team also works with clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, outsourcings, restructurings, and other transactions.
The integrated BCE group serves as a single point of contact among relevant advisors while coordinating advice and guidance. With lawyers based in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, the group is particularly adept at implementing strategies across international borders.
Clients count on Latham to provide practical and strategic advice on the legal, regulatory, and market developments that affect their businesses. Latham’s BCE lawyers understand these developments from the perspectives of shareholders, governments, regulators, executives, employees, and bargaining representatives.
Latham has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Executive and employee compensation, hiring, and termination issues
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Stock and cash based incentives
- Pensions and employee benefits
- Union and works council negotiations
- Harmonization, downsizing, and change management
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims
- Business transfers, M&A, and outsourcing
Latham’s ongoing training programs, insightful publications, and frequent webcasts provide clients with the tools they need to respond to developments and prevent problems before they arise.
Please see Information on UK Cases of Unfair or Wrongful Dismissal.