Gail Crawford, Global Chair of Latham’s Data & Technology Transactions Practice and Co-Chair of Latham's Privacy & Cyber Practice, helps clients navigate complex data privacy and security matters, as well as to license, develop, and exploit disruptive technology.
Ms. Crawford advises many of the world’s leading global technology companies on multifaceted and precedent-defining data privacy and security matters. Her work in the data privacy and security space encompasses advising on compliance programs, product counseling, responding to data breaches and regulatory inquiries, advising on optimal organizational structures, and supporting large, strategic alliances and M&A transactions. She also helps clients navigate a myriad of issues in technology law, including commercial contracts, collaborations, and intellectual property.
Ms. Crawford draws on her experience handling some of the most complicated and sensitive data privacy matters in the global market to provide pragmatic and commercially driven counsel. She brings a deep understanding of the innate value of data and the complex, ever-changing global regulatory framework to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Ms. Crawford regularly writes and speaks on topics related to data privacy and disruptive technology, and serves as an editor of the Latham & Watkins Global Privacy & Security Compliance Law Blog.
- Named to BTI Consulting Group’s 2022 Client Service All-Star List, which recognizes leaders in superior client service identified exclusively by corporate counsel.
- Leading Individual — Data Protection, Privacy, and Cybersecurity
The Legal 500 UK 2019-2022
- Ranked — Data Protection & Information Law
Chambers UK 2014-2022
- Ranked — Information Technology
Chambers UK 2013-2022
- “She is extremely knowledgeable and accessible.” “She understands business needs and risks and provides an excellent and practical service.“ “She is knowledgeable, experienced and commercial.”
Chambers UK 2022
- “She's really smart and switched-on. A fantastic data protection lawyer.“ “Talented, commercially-minded, and pleasant to deal with.”
Chambers UK 2021
- “Gail is the rarest of lawyers: highly commercial, incredibly strong technically and with a superb manner and communication style that makes her a pleasure to work with.” “She helps solve complex problems with amazing pragmatic advice.” “Gail puts herself in your shoes and balances that with strong objective advice in order to find a practical solution.”
Chambers UK 2021