Ignacio Gómez-Sancha, Managing Partner of the Madrid office, advises and represents institutional investors, investment banks, and public companies on capital markets, M&A, private equity and takeover transactions, as well as restructurings and special situations.
Mr. Gómez-Sancha combines extensive experience advising on major corporate transactions, including many of the largest in Spain, both in private practice and as in-house counsel, to offer clients sophisticated, commercial advice and representation. He served as the General Counsel of Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME), the Spanish stock exchange operator, and as a member of the Consultative Committee of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores, the Spanish Securities and Exchange Commission. Currently, Mr. Gómez-Sancha serves as Secretary of the Board of CFA Society Spain.
Mr. Gómez-Sancha is recognized in Capital Markets Debt & Equity by Chambers Europe 2021
Ignacio Gómez-Sancha is recognized as a Leading Individual in Capital Markets Debt & Equity by The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
He is named as one of the market’s leading capital markets practitioners and amongst the Best 50 Lawyers in Spain by Iberian Lawyer 2019.
He was praised for his exceptional market knowledge, intellect, and “innovative approach to legal practice.” Iberian Lawyer 2019
Mr. Gómez-Sancha’s experience includes advising:
Private Equity and M&A
- Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME) in the all-cash voluntary friendly tender offer by SIX Group, the Swiss financial markets infrastructure operator, for €2.8 billion
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation in the prospective takeover bid for NH Hoteles
- KKR in the restructuring of Grupo Gallardo and its subsequent sale to Cristian Lay
- KKR in the sale, in the context of an auction process, of its portfolio company Papresa, the first operator of newsprint in southern Europe, to Quantum Capital
- Orange in the acquisition Suma Operador de Telecomunicaciones, a mobile virtual network operator, by means of the exercise of a right of first refusal
- KKR in the takeover and taking private of Telepizza, S.A
- BofA Securities as underwriter in the offering of ordinary shares of Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure for US$167.3 million
- Solarpack, a Spanish multinational company specialized in the development of photovoltaic systems for solar energy production, in the listing of its ordinary shares on the Bilbao, Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia Stock exchanges
- The Carlyle Group on the mandatory public offering launched over 100% of Bodegas Bilbaínas, S.A.’s shares, a very well-known winery located in La Rioja
- Spanish textile group Nextil in their rights issue
Restructuring & Special Situations
- The committee of senior secured creditors of Swissport, a global aviation services group, in the successful completion of its comprehensive financial restructuring
- The committee of senior secured creditors in the reorganization and restructuring of Deoleo's €575 million debt
- The Ad Hoc Group of bondholders in the restructuring of the balance sheet of Naviera Armas
- Aernnova, a major aerostructures company and portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners, Peninsula Capital and Torreal, on its €590 million covenant-lite refinancing
- Eurona Wireless Telecom and its group in the restructuring of its debt using judicial homologation of a refinancing agreement