Jeremy Trinder is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and is Global Co-Chair of the Real Estate Practice. Mr. Trinder has more than 20 years' experience advising on real estate transactions in the UK and across Europe, as well as extensive experience on restructurings, leveraged finance, and structured finance matters.
Mr. Trinder has significant experience advising on:
- Commercial mortgage loans, including origination and restructuring for lenders and borrowers
- Commercial mortgage loan-on-loan and loan warehousing transactions across Europe
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities and residential mortgage-backed securities
- The sale and purchase of commercial mortgage debt across Europe
- The servicing of commercial mortgage debt
- The purchase of mortgage backed securities
- The sale and warehousing of residential mortgage portfolios
- Sale and leaseback, ground rent, and opco/propco transactions
- Cross-border insolvency, restructurings, and disputes
- Distressed debt acquisitions/dispositions and special situation financings
- Advising corporate directors and partners on their fiduciary duties and personal risks
He also advises on complex leveraged finance, securitizations, workouts, restructuring, distressed debt acquisitions and dispositions, and other general finance matters.
Mr. Trinder’s roster of clients includes entities working across the whole real estate investment and financing spectrum including BAWAG P.S.K., Bank of Ireland, Bay Grove, Blackrock, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank AG, CBRE, Chenavari, Close Bros, Investec, Onex, StepsStone, Tyndaris, Wells Fargo, and various corporate borrowers.
Mr. Trinder is recommended for London: Finance Securitisation by The Legal 500 2016. He was ranked in the finance section of The Lawyer's Hot 100 list of lawyers to watch in 2014. His recent speaking engagements include seminars on the European non-performing loan market, and loan on loan transactions for CREFC Europe’s Executive Education Programme and hosting a roundtable on non-performing loans at CREFC Europe.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, Mr. Trinder was a finance, restructuring, and real estate partner in the London office of an international law firm.
- Co-author, The Essential Guide to UK Real Estate (May 2015)
- Co-author, Essential Guide to Mortgages and Charges Over Land (May 2015)
- Co-author, "CMBS Regulation Appears to be a Risky Business in the Short Term" (May 2015)
- Co-author, "CMBS Issuer wins negligence claim against valuer in English High Court" (October 2014)
- Co-author, "CRA3: ESMA publishes final draft Regulatory Technical Standards on disclosure requirements for Structured Finance Instruments" (August 2014)
- Co-author, "Regulatory Technical Standards on Risk Retention Adopted with No Significant Changes by European Parliament" (June 2014)
- Co-author, "CRA3: ESMA Proposes Wide-Ranging Disclosure Requirements on EU Originators, Sponsors and Issuers" (March 2014)
- Co-author, "European Commission Publishes Final Regulatory Technical Standards on Risk Retention" (March 2014)
- Co-author, "EBA Consultation Paper Raises Concerns for CLOs" (May 2013)
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- CREFC Europe