Joshua A. Tinkelman is partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Tinkelman is a member of the Corporate Department and the Finance Department and is Global Vice Chair of the Private Equity Finance Practice. He advises borrowers and financial sponsors on bank financing and capital market transactions, including leveraged buyouts.
Mr. Tinkelman has extensive experience negotiating a comprehensive range of financing arrangements, including senior secured loans, high yield notes, unitranche financings, and mezzanine financings for companies with business in the United States, Canada, and Europe. He regularly advises on debt compliance issues and debt restructurings. His clients include well-known domestic and foreign private equity firms, their portfolio companies, and publicly traded Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Tinkelman has represented investment grade and non-investment grade issuers of debt products, and he has been publicly recognized for his work in capital markets.
Mr. Tinkelman regularly earns recognition for his work by leading publications, including The Legal 500 US and Chambers USA. According to Chambers USA 2020 and Chambers USA 2021, clients say he is “a really good sponsor lawyer” and “an extremely nice character” that “drives us to very good outcomes.”
Co-Author, “Introduction to the Annotated Trust Indenture Act,” Business Lawyer, August 2012
Mr. Tinkelman's experience includes advising:
- ABG Intermediate Holdings 2 in its US$1.6 billion amendment to term loan facility to refinance existing debt
- Advantage Solutions in its US$5.2 billion merger with Conyers Park II Acquisition Corp.
- Aspen Dental in the US$1.4 billion term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with Leonard Green & Partners’ acquisition of CC Dental Implants, to refinance existing debt
- One Rock Capital Partners in its US$4.3 billion acquisition of Nestlé Waters North America
- Leonard Green & Partners in the financing for its investments in Advantage Sales & Marketing, Aspen Dental, Authentic Brands Group, BJ Wholesale Club, CharterNex, CHG Healthcare, CPA Global, David’s Bridal, Examworks, JoAnn Stores, LifeTime Fitness, MDVIP, Mister Car Wash, SRA Distribution, The Shade Store, US Renal Care, WCG, and West Shore Home
Odyssey Investment Partners in the acquisition financing for its purchases of Alliance Holdings, Addison Group, Applied Technical Services, Dresser, Duravant, Evergreen Tan Solutions, Integrated Power Services, One Call Medical, Penninsula Packaging, Pecxo, Pro Mach, ProPharma, Protective Industrial Products, Ranpak, TransDigm, Trial Card, Tysers, and Wastequip
- One Rock Capital Partners in the financings for its investments in Blue Triton, Innophos, FXI, and Orion Foods
- Partners Group in the financing for its investments in Global Logic and Hearthside Food
- MEG Energy Corporation in its multi-billion term and revolving credit facilities, letter of credit facility, and high yield notes