Olivia Rauch-Ravisé is a partner in the firm's Tax Department and the Office Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins' Paris office. She is a former Co-Chair of the firm’s Women Enriching Business (WEB) Committee, whose mission is to promote women through trailblazing initiatives focused on women’s professional development, mentoring, and networking. She has strong experience in domestic and cross-border transactional tax law, notably in private equity and mergers and acquisitions.
Ms. Rauch-Ravisé's practice also focuses on the taxation of capital markets transactions (notably high yield), financial instruments, and structured financings. She has developed particular experience in tax issues relating to aircraft, rolling stock, and other asset financings.
Ms. Rauch-Ravisé is particularly active in the financial institutions, oil and gas, and hospitality and gaming sectors. She is a member of the International Fiscal Association and of the Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux, and she is Chair of the Tax Committee of the European American Chamber of Commerce.
Ms. Rauch-Ravisé is recommended by clients for her technical skill and practical approach, with one source noting "She manages to make complex topics simple." Chambers Europe 2020
"Olivia Rauch-Ravisé is noted for her strength in advising on the tax aspects of private equity and capital markets transactions. [...] One client says: 'She is very skilled, efficient and she always questions herself to get the best possible outcome. She always tries to find not only a solution, but the best possible solution.'" Chambers Europe 2019
"Olivia Rauch-Ravisé has a wealth of expertise in capital markets, M&A, and private equity transactions. In the words of clients, 'she is always up to date with tax matters, results-oriented and focused on client service.'" Chambers Europe 2017
Ms. Rauch-Ravisé's experience includes advising:
- Total SE in connection with its issuance of €1 billion of Perpetual Notes
- The founders in the investment by Antin Infrastructure Partners of a majority stake in Babilou, a leading private network of daycare facilities and Early Years Education in Europe
- Bridgepoint in its acquisition of CEP, the leading European protection insurance broker
- Kersia Group, a portfolio company of Ardian, in its acquisition of The Holchem Group Limited and its subsidiaries from Ecolab
- The underwriters in the €2.378 billion high yield bond / term loan B financing for Banijay’s acquisition of Endemol Shine
- L’Oréal in the sale of its Roger & Gallet brand, a French firm specialized in cosmetics and fragrance
- Total, a major energy player, in connection with its US$4 billion registered public debt offering
- The lead arrangers in a €900 million financing of Financière Colisée
- The mandated lead arrangers in the refinancing of the existing financial indebtedness of the Ceva Group, a veterinary pharmaceutical laboratory, for a total amount of €2.150 billion
- Loxam SAS in connection with its offering of €500 million of high yield notes
- Bridgepoint in its acquisition of Kyriba, the global leader in cloud treasury and finance solutions
- Bridgepoint in its sale of eFront, the world’s leading pioneer of software solutions dedicated to the alternative investment industry, to BlackRock
- Total in connection with its registered public offering of US$1.25 billion 3.455% Senior Guaranteed Notes due 2029 by its subsidiary Total Capital International
- Ardian in its acquisition of Groupe Inula-Pranarom, a key player in the herbal remedies market
- Shandong Ruyi in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Bally International