Thomas Tharakan is an associate in the Corporate Department of the London office of Latham & Watkins.
Mr. Tharakan’s practice focuses on private equity, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Tharakan led the commercial development team at the Open Data Institute, and he also acted as managing associate in the private equity group at another leading law firm.
Mr. Tharakan's experience includes advising:
- CPA Global Management Services, a portfolio company of Leonard Green & Partners, on its acquisition of ipan/Delegate Group, a Germany-based provider of intellectual property (IP) annuity renewal services.
- Astorg Partners on acquisitions by its leading multi-jurisdictional corporate services provider, IQEQ of CIM, Lawson Connor, and Augentius
- Astorg Partners on the acquisition of Anaqua
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of Italmatch Chemicals
- BC Partners on its sale of Antelliq, a France-based developer of digital animal identification, traceability, and monitoring solutions, to Merck
- Leonard Green & Partners on its acquisition of Pure Gym
- Eurazeo on the acquisition of DORC (Dutch Opthalmic Research Center)
- Permira on the acquisition of the Corin Group, an international orthopaedic implant business, and its acquisition of Global Orthopaedic Technlogy, a leading Australian orthopaedic implant designer and manufacturer
- Apollo EPF Fund on the acquisition of the Altamira Asset Management*
- TDR Capital on the acquisitions of the David Lloyd Leisure Group and IMO Car Wash Group*
- KKR on the equity syndication of a US$1.3 billion acquisition of Acteon Group*
- Harbert Real Estate Fund, Australian Future Fund, New York Common Retirement Fund, and Oxford Investment Partners Ltd on the £287 million co-investment acquisitions of IQ Farnborough and four industrial estates in Greater Manchester*
- Bridgepoint on the £185 million acquisition of Oasis Dental from Duke Street Capital Partners*
- Bridgepoint on the £180 million acquisition of Quilter & Co. Limited from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney*
- The Carlyle Group on the £600 million acquisitions of Integrated Dental Holdings and Associated Dental Practices, together with the partnership arrangements with Palamon Capital Partners*
- A consortium of The Carlyle Group, Blackstone, and Stanley Black & Decker on the unsuccessful bid for Securitas Direct*
- Sun Capital on its pre-packaged administration acquisition and related financial restructuring of the operating business of the Polestar Group*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham