Advising on the Full Spectrum
Latham advises financial institutions, manufacturers, developers, energy companies, government entities, public and private utilities, and nonprofit organizations regarding water rights, water quality, water-related regulatory compliance, transactions, adjudication, and litigation.
View the Water practice list.
Latham helps clients:
- Secure permits and regulatory approvals from federal, state, and local regulatory bodies
- Secure adequate water supplies and associated water rights
- Finance new water infrastructure, including through public-private partnerships
- Comply with complex federal, state, and local water quality regulations
- Develop innovative solutions to water quality and supply issues based on a comprehensive understanding of water law, global water security, and a changing hydrologic cycle
Latham delivers these services in a complex world where pressure on the aquatic environment and water supplies is a global reality, and where a changing hydrologic cycle creates risk and challenge. Specifically, Latham provides clients focused advice and representation in the following areas: